Friday, March 20, 2020

Order of Worship For Sunday, March 22, 2020


First Presbyterian Church

Remote and Mail Order of Worship

March 22, 2020

                                                   CALL TO WORSHIP (In Unison)                         
Though I cannot be gathered with my congregation in body, I gather with my congregation in spirit.  May the worship that we offer resound in heaven as we lift our voices to glorify our God.  May the priesthood of all believers, most especially those who take this time in their own place, in their own abode in this time under the threat of the Corvis-19 virus, ring out in praise to God Most High.
AMEN

Hymn Today: Kum Ba Yah (it means “Come By Here”: To be sung in unison)
Kum ba yah, my Lord, kum ba yah!
Kum ba yah, my Lord, kum ba yah!
Kum ba yah, my Lord, kum ba yah!
O Lord, kum ba yah!

CONFESSION AND ASSURANCE OF PARDON (In Unison)
I know that I am a sinner Lord.  But I know also that Jesus died to save my soul.  I know I fall short of Your grace on a daily basis.  But I know that Jesus loves me for who I am and I am forever accepted by the grace of His mercy when He took away my sins.  So help me to confess all that I have done that is unworthy of You, dear Lord.  May Your forgiving power cleanse me and overcome everything that separates me from worshipping You fully.

INVITATION
If you do not know Jesus as Your Lord and Savior, but You would like to come to Him, or come to Him again, You can do wo with this simple prayer:
“Dear Lord I need You, please come into my life today.  Amen”

Scripture Lesson for Today, the Fourth Sunday of Lent
John 9:1-41 (Please take a moment to read it again.  It is a separate enclosure.)

SERMON:
THE OFFERING OF OUR TITHES & GIFTS

Until we have other options open to us, please mail your tithes and offerings to:
                First Presbyterian Church of Perth Amboy
            45 Market St.
            Perth Amboy, NJ  08861

Please remember that the bills of the church do not stop even with this virus.
A PRAYER OF DEDICATION (To be prayed individually, out loud or in silence):
Father in heaven, from the bounty You have blessed me with, I give this gift back to You with joy and thanksgiving to further the work of Your church.  Amen.

SONG OF RESPONSE: (In Unison)
Someone’s praying, Lord, kum ba yah!
Someone’s praying, Lord, kum ba yah!
Someone’s praying, Lord, kum ba yah!
O Lord, kum ba yah!

PRAYERS OF THE PEOPLE
Pray for the world in this time of virus.
Pray for those in your life and in the community in special need of God’s care.
Pray for the leaders and the nation as we come to terms with a new world.
As you lift each request to God, the appropriate response is “Lord, Hear My Prayer”

THE LORD’S PRAYER (In Unison)
 Our Father, who art in heaven, Hallowed be Thy name; Thy kingdom come; Thy will be done on earth as it is in heaven.  Give us this day our daily bread and forgive us our debts, as we forgive our debtors.  Lead us not into temptation, but deliver us from evil; for Thine is the kingdom, and the power, and the glory forever. Amen.

OUR BENEDICTION AND DEPARTURE (In Unison)
May the Lord bless us and keep us.
May the Lord make His face to shine upon us.
May the Lord lift up His countenance upon us and give us peace.
Amen.




No comments:

Post a Comment