Friday, March 27, 2020

Order of Worship for Sunday, Mar. 29, 2020


First Presbyterian Church
Remote and Mail Order of Worship
March 29, 2020
                                                   CALL TO WORSHIP (In Unison)                         
We gather in Spirit to worship the Living God.  When I sing, Lord, let me hear the voices of my fellow worshippers.  When I pray, Lord, gather our voices together into one appeal to the throne of grace.  When I contemplate Your Word, open our minds that the truths may enlighten us and fill us with joy.  Though the doors here on earth may be closed, the gates of heaven are ever open.
 AMEN
Hymn Today: Jesus Loves Me (To be sung in unison)
Jesus loves me, this I know, for the Bible tells me so;
Little ones to Him belong; they are weak but He is strong.
Yes, Jesus loves me!  Yes, Jesus loves me!
Yes, Jesus loves me!  The Bible tells me so.
CONFESSION AND ASSURANCE OF PARDON (In Unison)
Dear Lord, through Jesus, You raised Lazarus from the dead.  May this miracle convince me anew that, in the death of Jesus, my own forgiveness and promise to life eternal is assured.  In response, help me to live a life more reflective of Your tender mercies.  Help me to lay before the cross all my sins and shortcomings that they may be cleansed, and I may be made new once again.  Create in me a clean heart and renew a right spirit within me I pray.  Amen.
 INVITATION
If you do not know Jesus as Your Lord and Savior, but You would like to come to Him, or come to Him again, You can do wo with this simple prayer:
“Dear Lord I need You, please come into my life today.  Amen”

Scripture Lesson for Today, the Fifth Sunday of Lent
John 11:1-45 (Please take a moment to read it again.  It is a separate enclosure.)
SERMON:
THE OFFERING OF OUR TITHES & GIFTS
Until we have other options open to us, please mail your tithes and offerings to:
                First Presbyterian Church of Perth Amboy
            45 Market St.
            Perth Amboy, NJ  08861

Please remember that the bills of the church do not stop even with this virus.
A PRAYER OF DEDICATION (To be prayed individually, out loud or in silence):
Father in heaven, from the bounty You have blessed me with, I give this gift back to You with joy and thanksgiving to further the work of Your church.  Amen.
SONG OF RESPONSE: (In Unison)
Jesus loves me, this I know; as He loved so long ago;
Taking children on His knee, saying “Let them come to me.”
Yes, Jesus loves me!  Yes, Jesus loves me!
Yes, Jesus loves me!  The Bible tells me so.
PRAYERS OF THE PEOPLE
Pray for us as we continue to curtail our lives against the virus.
Pray for those in the Middlesex County nursing homes evacuated due to this virus.
Pray for our brothers and sisters in this congregation as we continue to worship together.
As you lift each request to God, the appropriate response is “Lord, Hear My Prayer”

THE LORD’S PRAYER (In Unison)
 Our Father, who art in heaven, Hallowed be Thy name; Thy kingdom come; Thy will be done on earth as it is in heaven.  Give us this day our daily bread and forgive us our debts, as we forgive our debtors.  Lead us not into temptation, but deliver us from evil; for Thine is the kingdom, and the power, and the glory forever. Amen.

OUR BENEDICTION AND DEPARTURE (In Unison)
May the Lord bless us and keep us.
May the Lord make His face to shine upon us.
May the Lord lift up His countenance upon us and give us peace.
Amen.




No comments:

Post a Comment