Wednesday, April 8, 2020

Gearing Up For the Holy Services


Holy Week is upon us.  There is a lull before the final days.  I truly never knew what to do with Monday-Wednesday.  Yes, they are part of the week, after Lent, before the Big Day.  In the Gospel accounts, Jesus is having a tough go of it.  But considering just how much of the gospels is taken up by this week, Palm Sunday to Easter, it is hard to get my mind around it.

So, up and coming there will be uploads for Maundy Thursday and Good Friday, as these are our traditional worship services during Holy Week.  Maundy Thursday will NOT be accompanied by written text but Good Friday will.  Our Tenebrae Service will be set for Good Friday.

We continue to work with the format for our services.  They are still being recorded on my laptop.  I hope it has not been too scary to watch.  One change has been to upload to YouTube instead of directly to Facebook.  That has given us flexibility to put the recordings not only onto Facebook, but to post them to the Blog as well.  The links will still be sent via email for those of us who are not on social media, but are online.

One thing about these remote videos, emails, and blog posts, they are not simply for our church community.  At this point, we have reconnected with members who are in other states and in other countries (Peru!!).  The family connections within this church and in the wider community are extensive.  I invite you to pass along links to what we are doing to those you believe could be a part of this community. 

I also invite questions.  Am I saying something you do not understand?  Do I talk like I am speaking to a college class?  Am I chattering too fast on the videos?  I need feedback to tweak the system and make it work better.  There are multiple places where you can get in touch with me.  The easiest is by email, pastorpeter@fpcperthamboy.org.

May God bless us as we continue to do God’s holy work.

Peace,
Pastor Peter

No comments:

Post a Comment