Friday, August 10, 2012

The Mission Study of the Presbytery of Elizabeth

The document previously posted in this blog is the hard and dedicated work of a team of people in this Presbytery who are to be commended for their labors in bringing this document to the forefront of our consideration.  Having been in the center of and on the edges of the process of trying to formulate a mission statement and plan  for our Presbytery, I know the blood, sweat, and tears that have gone into the process.

My work here is not to deconstruct the process or to chip away at it from my own little bully pulpit in cyberspace. 

My work is to use this blog as a place for members of First Church of Perth Amboy and other interested parties to review what is being presented to the presbytery for informed decision making in September.  Any responses that are brought up in this forum will be forwarded to the Mission Study Team.

I think the relationship of our congregation and the Presbytery is long overdue to be reviewed and reforged.  I believe that coming in at the beginning of a new mission focus for the Presbytery will allow for a reconnection to be made. 

Some may question the orthodoxy of interpreting and commenting on the mission study work of our Presbytery.  Okay.  I invite the questions and the discussion.

Pastor Peter

No comments:

Post a Comment